In this episode, Zach sits down with Jackson Milton of Pro-Life Aggies to discuss the state of the abortion debate in the U.S. as well as a controversial article from the August 30, 2017 edition of the Battalion on the impact of Texas legislative decisions on teen pregnancies and abortion rates. Last, Jackson recommends resources for those wanting to get involved with the pro-life movement.
Pro-Life Aggies is a student-led, non-religious, and nonpartisan group that seeks to promote a culture of life on the campus of Texas A&M University and in the surrounding community. This is accomplished through education, activism, and volunteerism. For more information, check out www.prolifeaggies.com or follow PLA at www.facebook.com/prolifeaggies
- Analisa Packham, Family planning funding cuts and teen childbearing, In Journal of Health Economics, Volume 55, 2017, Pages 168-185, ISSN 0167-6296, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167629616303241
- “The unintended consequences of defunding family planning services”. 30 Aug 2017, http://www.thebatt.com/news/the-unintended-consequences-of-defunding-family-planning-services/article_ad71015a-8e04-11e7-b4ac-b3ec7ce70b25.html
- The Ethics of Abortion by Christopher Kaczor
- Persuasive Pro-Life by Trent Horn
- Defending Life by Francis J. Beckwith